We operate three induction bending machines at Angle Ring, that have been designed and built in house, to offer a controlled bending technique through the application of localised heat and a copper induction coil.
The induction coil heats the circumferential part of the profile to a temperature between 700°C to 1100°C , which allows the section to be moved slowly through the coil whilst the bending force is applied by a fixed radius arm.
Unlike cold bending methods, this hot bending process requires just a single pass through the machine and eliminates strain on the section to produce minimal deformation.
Sections, tube, and hollows can be curved to single or multiple radii, or even to elliptical or 3D shapes.
- Universal Beams/Columns
- Tubes & Pipes
- Rectangular & Square Hollow Sections
- Elliptical & Semi-Elliptical Tubes
- Up to 914mm o/d Tube & up to 650x450x40mm Structural Hollow Section
- Maximum section size subject to agreement
- Architectural & Construction